Wednesday, October 24, 2007

And More Edits...

Yes, when you're finally published, the editing never ends.

I heard back from my editor on Monday and she reported that she liked the book! Yeah, the revisions were a success. However, I now have more line edits. These are simply tweaking little things like grammar, punctuation, tightening up wording, looking for inconsistency. I had one really silly inconsistency show up -- Mira wipes off blood covering her in chapter six only to have another character remark on it in chapter seven -- yeah, umm, thought the blood was gone? It was an easy fix, but a stupid mistake. I am averaging about 100 pages each night and I hope to have the book back to my editor by Monday.

In addition, since this is a multi-book series, I have to think of a name for the series. It's not going as well as I would like. Titles are not a strength of mine. However, I plan to send my editor a list of several ideas by Friday. Hopefully between the two of us, and a darling friend I've begged for help, we should come up with something....

In a side note: to my dear friend out in California if you manage to catch this, I hope you and your family are safe and well. Keep your head down and stay away from the fires.

No comments: