Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sanity is Overrated

You may find this hard to believe, but I find sanity to be a highly overrated trait. Now, I'm not just saying this because I've begun to question my own sanity amid these revisions. I feel that letting go of the reins of sanity allows your mind, and thus imagination, to run wild through the verdant fields of possibility as you vainly search for the way out of the mess you've made for your characters. Because, your beloved characters have just plopped down on their backsides and are looking at you with that "now what?" expression.

As you can guess, the edits are still coming along. Though, I am happy to state that I did come up with some very good ideas today and I've got some new places to take some of my favorite characters. I do want to say a big THANK YOU to the lovely people at my local Borders who have put up with me for two straight days as I search for research materials. I have been seen lurking the travel section, muttering to myself about the pros and cons of sacrificing dark-haired innocents at various locations. Yeah, see if that doesn't get you a few looks!

No comments: