Saturday, August 25, 2007

Line edits and planning

I have completed the first (and easiest) part of my edits -- the line edits. They weren't too ugly and mostly consisted of tightening some of my writing so that it is neat and tidy.

And now I'm onto the hard part -- actually fixing some of the more fatal flaws in the novel. I had some ideas mapped out in my head, and I'm actually eager to jump into some of those scenes. However, I can't start writing until I get it all planned out in my head and have answers to all of my editor's questions. My concern is that if I start writing before I know exactly where I am headed, a new scene may end up on the cutting room floor and I just wasted my time.

Looking over the letter, I think the hardest part is dealing with a race that needs to be completely changed. Not good. Particularly since they play a rather large role in the book and future books. I'll figure out something. I think I just need to outline what part I needed them to play and what features were so key, and then create the race around those needs. Oh yeah, that just makes it sound sooooo easy..... Keep your fingers crossed.

Oh and here is my results of the personality test:


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold.
You're full of passion and energy...
Sometimes this passion has a dark side.

You feel most alive when you're seducing someone.
You never fail to get someone's attention.
Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!

No comments: