Monday, August 4, 2014

Launching a New Website

I know what you’re thinking: Jocelynn! What in the world are you doing, you crazy woman?  And I totally understand your confusion, but I think I’ve got all the bugs worked out now.  I’ve got a new website and it is awesome.

Why the switch?

Time is short and I needed to learn to work smarter, not harder.  I want to spend more time writing books and less time trying to get blogs, tweets, pins, and other social media posts updated.  At the same time, I want to make sure that all my lovely patient readers are as updated as possible regarding what I’m working on and what’s coming out.  This meant switching some stuff up and adding some new tech to the mix.

The New Website
My new website is at the URL address I’ve always had: JocelynnDrake.com.   My blog posts are front and center now.  The slideshow at the top displays the 5 most recent blog posts.

But what if you’re only interested in the Dark Days series or Asylum Tales?  Or maybe you just want my writing insights and tips?

I’ve got everything neatly categorized.
Vampires – Dark Days Series
Warlocks – Asylum Tales Series
Romance – Hidden London series, my historical romance stories written under Joy Douglass
Writing Advice – Tips and tricks for writing
Fun Stuff – book giveaways, book deals, travel, and other random fun stuff.

The top navigation bar includes links to all my books, my bio, a list of blog entries in chronological order. (Yes, I know the Contact Me page is currently broken. That’s on my To Do List for this week.)

What’s missing?
The two things that haven’t carried over from the old site are the picture gallery and the extras section.  The picture/video gallery might be added at a later date, I haven’t decided yet.  As for the extras section that held the short short stories, interviews, and other good stuff that never made it into the books – I’m undecided about that at the moment.  Some of it might return to the website … or I might do something else with it.  I’m still pondering that one.

What’s Going Away?
Since I have everything on JocelynnDrake.com now, I will no longer be using my Blogger account - http://jocelynndrake.blogspot.com/.  I’ll keep the page up for a few more months, but I won’t be adding to it any longer.

If you have also found JocelynnDrakeBlog.com, I will be killing that page as well.  That was a type of testing ground for me as I tried out different designs and layouts. I’ll keep the page up for a few more months, but I won’t be adding to it any longer.

I hope you like the new site design.  Please, dig through it.  See all the cool stuff I’ve collected and created.
And Stay Tuned!  I am going to be releasing the covers for the Final Asylum Tales book very soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think it's crazy at all! Sometimes, a blog isn't enough for what you have planned. In a website, you can put all of your work in one place, and archive it as you see fit. There are some things a chronogically-ordered blog can't do, even with all the labels you put in each post. Good luck on this new venture, and let's see if it does help you in getting a larger audience!

Della Meyer @ Spark Local Marketing

Unknown said...

Congrats on publishing your new website! I agree that it’s better to have a unified website for your related works. The reason is that it can be a lot easier for the readers to get updates from you about the new novel or series you were working out. At the very least, you don’t have to worry about updating different sites to keep it active.

Chris Hatcher @ Red Stick SEO

Anonymous said...

<- garbled.
God's love AINT garbled, dear:
☆ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ☆
God! Bless!! You!!!