Sunday, June 15, 2014

Details for Asylum Tales: The Demon Stories

I am editing and editing and editing... and I'm nearly done. I've turned in the revised copies of DEMON'S FURY and DEMON'S VOW to my editor this weekend. I am now steadily chugging through my changes to INNER DEMON.

The change in format for the Gage books has created a lot of questions and I'm going to try to answer them as clearly as possible.  Let's go:

1. Are there going to be more Gage books?

The stories released in October 2014 will be the last Asylum Tales books from Gage's point of view -- at least as I see it now.  All the Gage stories are (in chronological order):
The Asylum Interviews: Bronx
The Asylum Interviews: Trixie
Angel's Ink
Dead Man's Deal
Of Monster and Men (in the Blood by Moonlight anthology)
Demon's Fury
Demon's Vow
Inner Demon

2. Are the Demon stories 3 different stories?

No. The Demons stories are part of a serial. In other words, it is one final book that has been broken up into three parts.  If you'd like to read more about the rise of serial stories, click here for a great article from Literary Escapism. When combined, the Demon stories will be roughly the same length as Angel's Ink or Dead Man's Deal.

3. Are the Demon stories only available as an ebook?

No. I just received the news that after all three parts have been released, you will be able to buy the Demon stories in one combined print book. It will be similar to what my publisher did for Bound to Me. It is my understanding that the book will be available in brick-and-mortar stores as well as online.

4. Why are you releasing the last book as a serial?

My publisher has seen the growing success of serials among the different genres and they decided to try it with my book to see if it would attract more readers.  A large number of authors have tried serials and I am excited to see if readers enjoy the different format.  For more serial stories, click here.

5. When are the stories being released?

The ebooks for :
Demon's Fury is out October 14
Demon's Vow is out October 21
Inner Demon is out October 28.
I don't have the release date for the print version yet, but I believe it is typically released about a month after the ebook versions come out. I will update you on the release date as soon as I know.

6. When are you going to release a cover?

As soon as I see one! I am hoping to get a peek at the cover within the next month.

7. If you're done writing Asylum Tales, what are you working on next?

I've got a few projects that I'm close to finishing, but not sold yet. After I complete the edits on Inner Demon, I am turning my attention to finishing my website redesign and then finishing two projects that need about 25,000 words combined.  After that, all my attention goes to working on a new urban fantasy series. I've got some ideas and I've started making some worldbuilding notes.  I can't wait to get some words on the page!

Got any more questions for me? I'd be happy to answer them.  Happy reading.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it will be in print. You can't have a partial series collection :) Very interested in what's coming next!

Dawn C said...

I am also glad to hear it will be in print! Thanks for the good news! :)

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Yay! There's going to be a print version! I love print versions!

Christina said...

Will it be available as a "full" e-book? I have to admit to not being a fan of serials,mainly due to the final cost. I would buy yours since there are only three books.

LisaM said...

I'm with Christina on this point. I'm not a fan of serials either and I don't usually read excerpts of upcoming novels. Please release a full e-book. I will gladly wait to read the full novel,

Jocelynn Drake said...

Christina and LisaM, I believe the final book will be compiled as a single book for print, but when it comes to the ebook, it will be available only in 3 parts. My publisher might change that later, but as far as I know right now, this is how they are releasing it. Thanks!