Thursday, July 4, 2013

Strolling through the bookstore

I'm on vacation.  Well, it's supposed to be a working vacation.  My hope is that I can get about 30,000 words done.  In just over 1 day, I have written 0 words.  Yeah, it's not working out so well, but I've got a few days ahead of me and I should be able to sneak in some writing at some point.

Yesterday, I popped down to Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Crestview, Kentucky and signed all the Jocelynn Drake books they had on hand.  That would be 4 Dead Man's Deal, 2 Angel's Ink, and an entire set of Dark Days books.  If you would like to have a signed book, you can stop down and pick them up.  Or you can give them a call and they will ship the books to you.  I believe it costs $3 for shipping 1 book and it's $1 for each additional book.  Not a bad deal!

Also, if you happen to be in Cincinnati, I'd stop by Joseph-Beth and browse through their wonderful selection of books. They have an amazing selection of books on sale right now.  It was really tough not to pick up an enormous pile myself, but I reminded myself that I'm supposed to be writing, not reading.

I tried to sign books at another bookstore while I was in Newport, but they sadly didn't carry any copies.  I'll be popping around other stores in the area and I'll post here in case you're interested in picking up copies.

If you are needing something new to read this holiday weekend (and you've already finished all the Dark Days and the Asylum Tales books), there were a number of awesome books that came out this week, including:

Melissa Marr's The Arrivals
Kerrelyn Sparks' Less Than A Gentleman
Laurell K. Hamilton's Affliction

And a few book deals that I've found include:

Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep for $1.99 on Kindle
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean for $1.99 on Kindle
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison for $1.99 on Kindle
Angel's Ink by Jocelynn Drake for $4.99 on Kindle

Happy reading!