Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chugging Forward

I continue to chug forward on Secret Project #2.  I am looking to finish the weekend somewhere between 60,000 and 65,000 words on the project. Yeah, I know. That's kind of a wide range.  To be where I need to be for the month, I need to finish Sunday at 64,000 words but I have several other things that need my attention today so I might not get all the words done that I need and will have to catch up during the week. 

I was excited to see the project cross the 200-page mark last night.  When I'm writing, the first 100 pages are the slowest to accumulate.  After I cross the 200-page mark, the page seem to pile up in the blink of an eye.  The last half to third of book is always this race downhill for me where I can't get the words to hit the page fast enough.  I spend hours behind the computer because I can't tear myself from the story and I only stop when I can no longer drown out the complaints of my body.

In short, writing isn't a pretty process. 

All in all, I am happy with the project so far, though I am making some mental notes along the way of things that need to be tweaked and added when I go through for the next draft.

My Blood by Moonlight has ended and I'm looking to mail out the books early next week.  The next contest that will be ending is Wait for Dusk, which closes on March 7.  This is the fifth book in the Dark Days series where Mira, Danaus, Valerio, and Stefan go to Budapest to take care of a naturi problem and are trapped in a much larger plot to destroy the Coven.



 
 


    Goodreads Book Giveaway
 



   

        Wait for Dusk by Jocelynn Drake
   


   

     


          Wait for Dusk
     


     


          by Jocelynn Drake
     



     

         
            Giveaway ends March 07, 2013.
         

         
            See the giveaway details
            at Goodreads.
         

     

   

   


      Enter to win



In another interesting development, I am judging a flash fiction contest on Tuesday, February 12.   Nicole Wolverton holds a flash fiction contest every Tuesday and brings in guest judges to help choose a winner.  She supplies a writing prompt at 8:30 pm Eastern Time and you have 5 minutes to write a story.  Interested?  Here's a link to get more details.

Oh, and did I mention that the winner will receive a signed copy of Angel's Ink?  Yep!  Check it out.  

No comments: