Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013? Bring It On!

Congratulations! If you're reading this, then you survive 2012 too!

I have to admit that it wasn't the best year for me, but I'm hoping that 2013 will make up for it in many different ways.  I'm back from my holiday break and I'm ready to get to work, feeling refreshed and anxious to be writing.

What does 2013 have in store for me and my lovely readers?

After releasing SIX different stories in 2012, I have to say that 2013 is going to be mostly a writing new material year for me so that I have yet another big stockpile of releases for 2014.  However, I'm not going to leave you high and dry for 2013.  The second novel in The Asylum Tales will be released in e-book, trade paperback, and audiobook on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.  That is just 4 months away.

I have seen the cover for DEAD MAN'S DEAL and it is awesome.  I will probably be showing it off in the next month or so.  But to hold you over, here is a quick description of the next book. 

 DEAD MAN'S DEAL

In a world where elves, faeries, trolls, werewolves, and vampires swim free in a sea of humanity, sometimes you need an edge. Looking for a little love? Need some luck? Desperate for revenge? Gage can give you what you need. The most talented tattoo artist in town, he knows the right symbol and the right mix of ingredients and ink to achieve your heart's desire. One tattoo is all it takes. But remember, everything has its price. . . .

Gage learned that lesson long ago, in ways he'd rather not remember. But the cruel and powerful wizards in the dreaded Ivory Towers he escaped aren't about to let him forget. Though Gage has managed to stay out of sight, he can't outrun the past forever.

The wizards know Gage is using forbidden magic, and they intend to punish him for his  transgressions. Too bad if innocent humans and monsters—entire cities—get in the way. They will quell a nascent magical uprising and Gage will be the sacrifice they need. First, though, they have to find him . . .
The next book takes on all kinds of nastiness as Gage fights to save those most important to him.  I can't wait for you to read it.  I've just finish my final edits on the book and returned them to my editor.

Speaking of writing, I am happy to report that I have finally cleaned off my desk and organized my office.  What  does that mean? It means that I am ready to write a new book!  Yes, I am been dabbling and playing with random ideas for the past month, letting my imagination run unfettered.  It's time to rein my mind in and force it to focus on a single project.  The hard part is choosing which I want to work on.

Recently, I have played in urban fantasy, paranormal romance, historical romance, paranormal historical romance, epic fantasy, erotica, and speculative fiction.  Oh, and there's this suave steampunkish sky pirate who keeps whispering in my ear, trying to entice me to give him a book.  The worst part is that I want to work on them ALL. So unless someone can clone a really good copy of me quickly, I'm going to have to choose just one or two projects soon.

My plans for 2013 are pretty simple.  My personal goal is to lose weight, getting down to a healthier version of myself.  I'm slowly coming to realization that I'm not as young as I used to be and it's time I start taking a little better care of the poor body that I've got if I want to keep writing books.

My other goal is to finish writing TWO novels and TWO novellas.  For me, that will come in at about 1,000 pages of fresh material.  It would be even better if a publisher buys all these new stories, but my first goal is just to finish writing it.  We'll worry about publishing this bounty later.

It's that simple.  Be Healthy.  Write Books.

What are your plans for 2013?    

No comments: