Monday, July 23, 2012

On the Road Again

It was a good weekend.  Our little (big) puppy had an upset stomach for a big part of the weekend, but he seems to be doing better now.  The temperature cooled off so that I was able to enjoy Saturday with all the windows open (a rare treat for it being late July).  I read, cleaned, and revised the second book to the Asylum Tales.  The poor thing still doesn't have a title, but I figured that it was the least of my concerns for the moment.  I soon as I can shuffled it back off to my editor, I'll turn my attention to making up a list of potential titles.

Sunday was a good day as the O.H. and I went to see The Dark Knight Rises.  As we neared the end of the movie, I cried (like I knew I would) and softly, but respectfully, cursed Nolan.  I have been a Batman lover for as long as I could remember.  Well, I actually had my first crush on Robin from watching the Adam West/Burt Ward reruns of Batman on TV when I could catch it.  But my quiet love turned to more obsession/addiction levels when I watched The Batman Animated Series in the '90s.  The art was fantastic, the score beautiful, and the writing was superb.  As a result, I have a very large Batman graphic novel collection, though I have fallen behind on reading them.

I have to say that Mr. Nolan has truly captured the essence of the Batman that I have come to love.  I know that the character and his world have evolved from their beginning so many years ago, but my Batman is of the late 90's until now.  If you love Batman, I'm sure you've seen the movie or plan to.  If you're not a huge Batman fan, but love a good dark, gritty story, I suggest you check out The Dark Knight Rises.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

In the meantime, I am finishing up my book edits with the hopes of sending them back to my editor at the end of the week.  In addition, I'm traveling just a tiny bit.  I'm shooting out of town tomorrow and Wednesday, so radio silence my settle briefly over the Drake frequencies.  Don't worry.  I'm out there and will be back as quickly as possible.  And if I happen to spot a bookstore, I'll try to leave behind some signed books!

1 comment: