Friday, February 24, 2012

Need Something New To Read?


I don’t have much to report at the moment.  I’m writing.  My editor is editing.  The PR/Marketing people are lining up promotional-type things.  It’s all quite official.  My desk is starting to clear a bit and I’m getting back into the nitty-gritty of the second book of the Asylum Tales series while my puppy Max is sleeping beside my desk as I type.  After some recent chaos, it feels like the world is starting to settle back into the soothing hum of business as usual and it feels good.

On Wednesday, I taped a radio interview with the amazing Kim Harrison and the stunning Vicki Pettersson, where we talked about what urban fantasy meant to us, thoughts on ending a series, and how we approached starting a new series.  The interview will air within the next month on the Sirius National Radio book channel, which I think is channel 80 but I'm not sure as I don't have Sirius radio.  They will be sending me more details later, which I will pass along to you.  In addition, I will be posting the interview here at a later date.

As usual, I am behind on the household cleaning and the pile of laundry is starting to grow.  I’ve slipped away from the real world in favor of spending time with Gage at the Asylum Tattoo Parlor, but I’ll return this weekend to deal with life again.

In the meantime, since my next story isn’t out until April 10, let me direct you to another book that did come out this week.  Kim Harrison’s latest Rachel Morgan/Hollows tale, A Perfect Blood, was released.  Here is a quick description of the book:

Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other. Pulled in to help investigate by the I.S. and the FIB, former witch turned day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth: a human hate group is trying to create its own demons to destroy all Inderlanders, and to do so, it needs her blood.

She’s faced vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, and more, but humanity itself might be her toughest challenge yet.

If you’ve been following the series, you don’t want to miss out on this installment.  And if you haven’t started the Hollows series, why not?  Kim Harrison weaves a fantastic tale with witches, vampires, and pixies.  A Perfect Blood is book 10 and I think she's aiming for either 12 or 13 books for the series.  The first book is Dead Witch Walking and the series is nearing its end, so you should be able to read the whole series through with only a short wait.

Happy reading!

No comments: