Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Book Deals Continued

It's the last days before Christmas and I am happy to say that I'm not spending them at the shopping malls and packed stores looking for those last-minute gifts.  (Though, I am sending warm thoughts to all those poor souls who are.)  The baking continues in the Drake household.  I recently tackled chocolate chip cookies and I'm thinking of making some peanut butter chip cookies for my brother's birthday on December 31.  My containers are so filled with cookies, muffins, and candy that I'm starting to crave celery. Scary, I know.

My holiday rituals are nearly complete.  I've shopped, wrapped, and trimmed the tree.  I've had dinner with my mom's side of the family.  I've gone to the Krohn Conservatory holiday display.  I've gone to the Cincinnati Zoo Festival of Lights.  And I've watched White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. 

What's left?
Watching A Christmas Story with my husband.
Breakfast with my family on Christmas day.
Watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with my parents.
Enjoy the peace and love of the season.

Part of that peace comes with settling in to enjoy a good book.  There are still tons of great deals to be had on e-books.  I stumbled across this link just the other day to Dear Author, where the writer lists a long collection of books that are one sale for $1-2.  You can't miss out on something like that!  I've already bought several books and I might check the list one last time.

Avon Books continues with its 12 Days of Christmas Sale.  You can check out the list here on Facebook, or at the Avon Romance Blog, or if you're on Twitter, just follow Avonbooks for regular updates.

Of course, my own imprint Harper Voyager is having its own celebration.  Check out their list of books for sale at their new website.

And finally, if you're more interested in just winning books instead of buying them at bargain prices, I suggest you wander over to Supernatural Underground.

No comments: