Thursday, September 22, 2011

Live Chat & Social Media

First: I will be hosting a live chat online tomorrow (Friday, September 23) at 7pm Eastern Time through 9pm.  I will be answering questions regarding the Dark Days series, my new upcoming series, and pretty much anything else that you want to know.



Where: http://tinychat.com/jocelynndrake

Having trouble figuring out the time for your time zone?  Use this link: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

If you can't make this chat, I will be setting up another one in October.

In the meantime, I am finishing up my revisions on the first novel in my Tattoo Artist series, which I am hoping to hand in very, very soon.  Also, my editor informed me that the first three books in the Dark Days series will now be published in Turkish.  Yeah, Turkish!  Wasn't expecting that interesting bit of news, but I was pleased nonetheless.

Social Media

I think I'm reaching my saturation point.  I understand the need for it and I generally enjoy it.  It's a great way to spread news and updates to the fans of my work.  It's a great way to spread ideas and techniques for my craft.  But in this increasingly plugged-in society, venues that we frequent are constantly changing and growing in popularity.  I'm left wondering: where should I be?  Am I reaching my readers how they want me to reach them? 

When I was just getting started, it was:

MySpace
Personal blog (Blogger and LiveJournal)
Website

But by the time my first book was released, it quickly grew to

Facebook
Twitter
HarperCollins microsite
Fangs Fur & Fey (guest blog)
Supernatural Underground (guest blog)
The Dark Room (discussion board)

Whew... I think that's everything. 

But, then I noticed that Tumblr is growing in popularity.  I will admit that I have opened a Tumblr account, but I'm not going to post a link yet. For now, I'm going to just keep it to myself.  I don't know if I'm going keep up with it.  Right now, it has a different feel to it than my other outlets.  More serious and more personal.  If you're on Tumblr, I'm sure you can find it, but there's not much there.

For now, I think I'm going to kill my MySpace account and I have no plans to appear on Fans Fur & Fey in the future.  Is there any other place you think I should be aware of?

No comments: