Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mira Tells A Story

I didn't get much work done yesterday as I attended my niece's birthday party and then went to see a showing of "The Rise of the Planet of the Apes." The birthday party was wonderful. It was great spending time with my family and seeing my nieces. The movie was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the Planet of the Apes series. Check it out!

I'll be heading back into the trenches today, working on the essays one more day and then I will be working on the actual book. In the midst of working on the new series, I took a short break to help Mira re-tell a fairy tale for a blogger as well as give away a couple copies of Burn the Night. It taught me that I can still easily get into Mira's mindset as well as the fact that I should NEVER write stories for children.

If you are interested, please go to Tynga's Reviews to read Mira's re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood. I think you'll recognize some of the characters. It was a lot of fun to work on and I hope you enjoy it.

Also, be sure to come back to this blog frequently for the rest of the month to check out other fables and fairy tales as well as enter to win the giveaways!

2 comments:

Tynga said...

Thanks for your participation Jocelynn <3

Hope said...

Children's stories have some of the darkest stuff ever imagined: perfect primer before the Great Awakening.
-grin-