Saturday, January 15, 2011

Still Alive

I can't believe it took me this long to make my first post of the year. My focus has been somewhat shattered recently by illness and just random flights of fancy and work that has captured my attention.

What have I been up to over the past few weeks?

I celebrated my brother's birthday with my family. He received an awesome pirate game for his birthday and we spent some time drinking, playing games, and ringing in the New Year.

I received a book blurb request (through the proper channels) and I've started reading the book. The blurb is due back to the publisher by the end of February so I've got plenty of time to read the book.

I've been working on a little on a trunk novel that has haunted me over the last several years. I completely re-wrote the beginning and went through several chapters, but I've recently decided that I need to dig deeper into the chapters that I've already proofed. In fact, I need to go back and read some more in the genre again before I do some serious work. I feel too out of touch with that storytelling style.

I have also been working on one of the books that is on proposal with my editor. My fingers are crossed that I will be hearing something back within the next few weeks regarding the two series that I have proposed to write. Keep your fingers crossed.

Finally, I have just been sitting back and relaxing a bit. After having the pressure and rush of finishing books last year, I am enjoying having some free time to play and daydream.

1 comment:

Darkeva said...

Hi Jocelynn,
Glad to hear you're still alive! ;-)
We hope to see great things from you this year, and I'm glad to hear that your illness is over.

Have a happy, healthy 2011! :-)

Darkeva