Monday, April 12, 2010

Fight Scenes Can Be Fun

On Sunday, I finally got to dive into the chapter that I have been waiting years to write! Yes, that's right! YEARS. I've had it rattling around in my head for some time now, but I had to wait for my characters to be in the right place and the right time for the scene to finally work. Well, I finally reached that point in book 6.

The fun part was that I got a crash course in kali and aikido stick fighting in an effort to make the scene as believable as possible. I have a friend who is a former mixed martial arts fighter who was able to give me a few pointers, strikes, and defenses that got me through the technical bits of the scene.

However, I am still not done with the chapter. There's still quite a bit of it to write, and I think it's going to be just as much fun as the fight scene.

In the meantime, I've got a check to write for the IRS today, bills to pay, and a trip to the gym to meet with my personal trainer before I'm allowed to jump back into writing. After a not-so-great night's sleep, I think it's going to be a long day. I could use a nap.

2 comments:

Moonsanity said...

I just took a big ole nap. The house was so quiet and I could not resist. I can't imagine how cool this scene will be if it's been in your head for YEARS!

Taxes. Ugh. We owe the state and I was hoping the federal would come first because we are getting money back on that. But of course not.

didi said...

情趣,情趣用品,
SM,G點,按摩棒,
飛機杯,充氣娃娃,
自慰套,情趣用具,

情趣味用品浪漫巴黎,情趣味用品,
情趣用品,情趣,
按摩棒,角色扮演,
性感睡衣,自慰器,
跳蛋,吊帶襪,
情趣內衣,充氣娃娃,
情趣味用品浪漫巴黎,