Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Slow Progress and a New Video

The end of last week and the weekend didn't work out exactly how I would have hoped, so I'm now left to play catch-up, which is never fun, but happens as a part of life. I've fallen behind on a number of things, but I've got a long weekend coming from my dayjob, which should help to put me back on track again.

In the plus column, I will be finishing the First Pass edits for Pray for Dawn today no matter what it takes. For me, the First Pass edits are my final chance to look at the book before it goes to print. I think my editor takes a second look at it, but I'm not involved in that edit. Sigh. Happy me! If I'm brave, I might actually head out to the post office tonight to mail the edits back to my editor. We received several inches of snow today and the roads are somewhat treacherous. However, they should have everything cleared away by the time that I hit the roads ... I hope.

Right now, the only thing that is potentially standing between me and completing Book 6 are the First Pass edits for Wait for Dawn. However, I think that I might be able to get the next book done before those edits arrive.

There's no visit to the gym today because of the snow. However, I did spend 30 minutes shoveling snow in my driveway so that I can get out. I think that was a pretty good work-out for the day. I've got an appointment with my personal trainer tomorrow so I'll find out them if I slacked too much.

When I'm not working on books, I am in the planning stage with my website designer for a new design for my website. We're aiming to launch it again in the Spring and we're trying to come up with new extras, such as new essays and wallpaper. Is there anything that you would like to see on the new website? Please leave your suggestions in the comments section. I will pass them along to him. I have seen some of the initial plans for the pages, and I think he's a genius. The site looks beautiful and I can't wait for the re-launch!

Since we're in the midst of constructing the new site, I went ahead of released the video that I shot in relation to Pray for Dawn. In October, I went to Savannah and shot some video of places that appear in the book so that you might have a clearer picture of some of the locations that Mira and Danaus visit. Here it is below. I hope you enjoy it!



And now, it's time for me to get back to work. I'll try to be better about posting updates this week than I was last week. For now, I look out the window and all I see is snow with more scheduled to fall. I'm thinking that some snowmen may be appearing on my front lawn this weekend.

No comments: