Friday, January 22, 2010

What Happened?

Honestly! Can someone tell me what happened? Because I just looked around and discovered that it's Friday and I got nothing done. My house is a mess, I'm running behind on my book, and I never got around to finishing that quilt square. Damn it.

Okay, maybe that's not fair. I did get a lot of stuff done this week, but it wasn't the stuff that I wanted and/or needed to get done.

1. Signed up for gym membership
2. Met and acquired a personal trainer
3. Shot video for work
4. Weighed in for work's "Biggest Loser" contest
5. Laundry
6. Refilled bird feeder and swept deck
7. Phone meeting with agent
8. Mailed copyedits for Wait for Dusk
9. Aided with work's monthly newsletter
10. Tried to keep up with email

So, the week wasn't a total waste, but a lot of energy went to places that I wasn't expecting to take as much times as they did. So, this weekend (including tonight), it's all about book 6. I'll admit that I'm a little nervous about getting deep into it. But then I always get nervous about starting a book because there's the pressure for it to not only be good, but better than the last one. I have to improve for my editor and my readers. So I have to get over the initial hump of self-doubt and anxiety so I can jump in.

Almost forgot! I finally saw the cover for the audiobook that is being put out for Nightwalker. I don't have a date on the release yet, but it is coming! I will have to admit that I have never tried an audiobook. I'm too addicted to the feel of a book so it will be nice to have my first experience with an audiobook be with my own book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such themes. I love to read blogs like that. By the way add more pics :)

Traci (aka the Bookbabe) said...

I know what you mean! Mine happens mostly here at work - turns out there weren't many patrons but I was certainly busy. Makes the day go faster, I think. However, when I don't get done the things I think I should've gotten done, it's a bit of a bummer.

Good luck with your projects!