Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Sunny Saturday

It’s a sunny Saturday afternoon. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, and the wind is blowing up memories of autumn. Today is a good day for taking a long walk through the woods with a camera in one hand and a backpack thrown over one shoulder. Unfortunately, I will be stuck in the house both today and tomorrow, regardless of the weather. I have a book to write.

I am running slightly behind at the moment, but I have a chance to actually catch up this weekend if I put in some extra hours. My daily word count has been lifted for the next two days from 3,000 words to 5,000 words. I’ve done it before – not that I enjoyed it – but never in back-to-back sessions. So far, 3,000 words per day has proven to be a nice number for me. Unfortunately, life got in the way a couple days and I couldn’t quite make my writing goal. Ugh.

Adding to the fun, I’ve got some guest blogs to prepare in celebration of the upcoming release of Dawnbreaker, on September 29. I’ve also got to start doing some advertising for the book signing at the Borders in Crestview Hills, Kentucky on October 3. If you’re in the area, come check it out!

So, the short of the matter is that I’m going to be very busy during the next few weeks. But I’ve got a little fun planned. My brother and I will be participating in a road rally next week and it’s going to be AWESOME! I can’t wait. It’s our first road rally and I’m hoping to take a mini video camera along to record some of the fun. In addition, I just received the cover art for books 4 and 5. It looks absolutely amazing. We’re going in a slightly different direction with those two covers, but I think it’s great. It’s going to be many months until we can finally release it, but I think they’re worth the wait.

Also, don’t forget that today is the last day to put your name in the hat for a signed copy of Black and White. You don’t want to miss out on this superhero adventure! Scroll down to Monday’s blog entry and leave a comment.

1 comment:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

It's a rainy Saturday here today. Got lots of reading done. Starting the second book of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy in a few minutes!

Looking forward to the interviews/guest posts! Hope you link us to them!