Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dawnbreaker Excerpt and Book Update

Work remains brisk. The deadline for the finished draft of Book 5 in the Dark Days series is looming like a black cloud. Progress is being made on the book, but I wonder if I am moving too slowly. I am also concerned that this book is going to run short. Of course, that is a minor concern. My books always seem to grow longer during the revision stage.

In a quick progress check, Book 5 is:
63,226 words
202 pages
15 chapters
1432 paragraphs
274,746 character (with no spaces)

I’ve noticed that these chapters seem to be running a little longer than in past books. For some reason, these characters have more to say this time around. I’m also balancing a main plot and several subplots that are constantly getting tangled with one another. I think this book is proving to be the most difficult to write of all the ones I’ve tackled so far.

In other news, stop by the Book Bundle today. They have posted an interview of me talking about Dawnbreaker and the Dark Days Series.

Want a sneak peek at Dawnbreaker? I have posted an excerpt of Dawnbreaker on the Dark Room discussion board. My website designer and I have different schedules at the moment so it might be a few days before I can get it up on my site. I'll keep you updated.


Also, don’t forget that I will be on Blog Talk Radio on Thursday, September 17 at 2 pm Eastern time. I will be talking with Kim Harrison, Vicki Pettersson, Jeaniene Frost, and Melissa Marr talking about our novellas in the Unbound anthology. Be sure to catch the show! Call in with your questions!

Finally, come back to the blog tomorrow to read an interview with Tracey O’Hara!

1 comment:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Loved the first chapter! I featured Dawnbreaker as a Sneak Peek today with a link to the chapter excerpt!

Loved all the humor in chapter 1. I was giggling a little. :) Danaus, oh how I've missed him!