Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh! Now I See!

Yeah, I'm still alive and kicking after a lengthy period of radio silence. The world has been a shaky place during the past several days, but I think things are returning to the right track finally. I have to sadly report that Dayhunter didn't make it on the New York Times Best Seller List nor did it appear on the USAToday Best Seller List. It's okay. I am confident that everyone tried very hard and I appreciate everyone that went out and picked up a copy during the first week. If you haven't yet, don't worry. There's still time to get your copy. :) You're gonna love it.

It also means that I can't get my second tattoo yet. I made a promise that I couldn't get my next tattoo until my book appeared on the NYT list again. Lucky for me, Dawnbreaker is due out at the end of September, so I get a second shot this year. I don't think the anthology should count since there are four other authors in the book. Fingers are crossed for Dawnbreaker.

Today, I went to have my eyes checked for the first time in about five years. Yeah, I'm not the best person when it comes to keeping up with certain doctors and appointments. My vision has gotten a little worse, but it ain't too bad. I've got a new pair of glasses (which are pretty darn cool) on order and a trial pair of contacts on order. I've never worn contacts, but I figure I should give them a try. She didn't have my contacts in stock so I have to go back for contact classes -- you know, a class on how to put in and take out contacts, as well as care. Stop snickering. I need this class! I've never even touched a contact before.

Otherwise, I'm back to the grindstone. I finishing up First Pass (final) edits on Dawnbreaker and then my revision letter for Book 4 arrives at the beginning of next week. My editor offered to let me have a week off, but I told her not to bother. If she tried to give me a break, I'd just start working on Book 5. Writing really is a sickness. Or a twisted addiction.

2 comments:

Rurality said...

I just finished Dayhunter, and really enjoyed it - even more than the first one, I think! So glad to hear that I don't have to wait a whole year for the next one. :)

Anonymous said...

That's too bad!
I got my copy on release day just as I did with Nightwalker and loved it!