Monday, May 25, 2009

Chapter 1 Is Done, Man

The first chapter of Book 5 is finally done. Sort of. Does it need work? Yes, of course, it still needs some work. It's a rough draft. But at least I've got this twisted tale down on "paper" at last. I feel like my life can finally continue. I know that my life hadn't been put on hold, but I felt as if everything from a creative perspective had been bogged down in a deadly marsh. I had to get this chapter done and then I could move on with everything.

The first chapter of this book is very important because it helps to launch the series in a slightly different and entirely unexpected (I hope) direction. Don't worry. It's all good. It also gave me a chance to introduce a very nasty new character who has a very interesting trick up his sleeve.

I know. I'm dropping all these hints and innuendos, but can't say anything more. It's rather cruel of me and I'll stop now.

I think the rest of Book 5 will flow a little faster now, which is a relief.

In the meantime, it has been a pretty relaxing weekend. I went to a family grill-out last night and had a wonderful time. It's been a while since I had the chance to just sit around on the deck and swap stories with my immediate family. It was all very relaxing, which is exactly what I needed. We talked late into the evening about cars, kids, and the state of the economy.

Tomorrow, I head back to work, but the grind won't seem so bad after spending some time with my family and finishing chapter 1.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful, long weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I mean must be such a relieve for to you to finally finish the first chapter. In my experience (which is not much) I know after you are done with the first part what comes next is easy!

And now you are going to get me all curious about what's coming ahead... now we have to patiently wait. :P