Sunday, August 17, 2008

Recovery

Today has been a day of recovery from last night's party. It proved to be a very nice turn out. I think I was able to spend a little time with everyone that showed up to the party, but that also meant that I wasn't able to stay long with any one group there. I felt bad that I wasn't able to spend much time with a group of friends from work, but my parents told me that they think the group had a good time from all the talking and laughing they could hear. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get to work. I signed lots of books, answered questions, and managed to bite my tongue when it comes to releasing any spoilers -- though it was hard.

The only bad part about all this is that I wasn't able to get really any work done this weekend and I needed to. I am now starting to fall behind on the book and that could put me in a very ugly position when it gets close to the wire. I've at least got some vacation time saved up and I can use it to get some writing done if it becomes necessary.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Here is the final Muppets installment for this weekend.



Also, if you've got any questions that you would like to ask regarding my writing process or publications, or even about Nightwalker (though I'm not giving away any secrets), please feel free to ask at any time.

3 comments:

FragileKitty said...

That was really sweet of your mom to plan that party for you! I know if that ever happened to me it would be a very surreal experience. Fun, yet surreal.

I'm currently paying the price for adopting a pantzer approach on my first draft, but I'm pretty close to untangling things. I really want to outline first for my next work.

Any thoughts you have to share about your outlining process would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming you outline. What's the level of detail in your outline? Do you use plot/index cards? How much of the outline do you usually stick to once you start writing? And so on.

Thanks :)

And thanks for my double Muppet fix!

Shari C said...

Sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful party and it was so great of your mother to do that.

I just had the pleasure of reading 'Nightwalker' and I loved it. Mira is such a strong character, but with many issues and uncertainties in her life and other characters that are very questionable. I can't wait to read more about Mira, Danaus, Jabari and even Rowe. Great reads!

Jocelynn Drake said...

Chris: The outline section of my long speech will come soon, I promise. Good luck with your first draft.

Shari: I'm so glad to hear that you loved Nightwalker. Besides Mira and Danaus, Rowe is fast becoming one of my favorite characters. He's just so deliciously evil and devious...