Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

"I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again"
~Gene Autry, "Back in the Saddle Again"

Yep, I'm ready to start writing again. I took a brief break from the grind to actually outline the next few chapters. The ending of Book 2 takes a sharp detour from my original plans so I needed to pause and lay things out again. I've noticed that if I don't outline the main plot of a book before I start writing, I tend to ramble, get sidetracked, and generally write much slower. The outline keeps me on task.

Somewhat off topic: I was out and about running some errands on Sunday, only to discover that we were above 60 degrees F. For those not familair with my hometown, I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio region and above 60 degrees F is unseasonably warm for February. Now, shortly after dragging my lazy butt out of bed on Monday, I got the chance to talk to a wonderful friend of mine out in Las Vegas. While on the phone, I pace by one of the windows to discover it's snowing. SNOWING! Of course, my dear, sympathetic friends snickers at me and brags that it's 75 and sunny where she it. Gee, thanks.

So, for my dear Las Vegas friend, here are a couple pictures of the snow falling outside my window and the cats watching the snowfall. Sure, Vegas is toasty warm, but snow is so pretty. And cold, and slippery, and a general pain if you have to travel in it.



Also, I heard from my editor today and I am allowed to give an ARC away, so be sure to check back. I will be holding the contest in March.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Wow, snow! It's hard for me to imagine snow because I've lived in parts of Texas and California my entire life where it doesn't snow. I've seen it, and felt it, and have had plenty of experiences in it, but I can't imagine actually living in it. Here in SoCal it's rainy and gloomy, but that's not saying much seeing as how it was sunny and nice yesterday. But I see in that picture that your cats seem to be enjoying the snow.

And Woo-hoo for the arc! I'll be keeping an even closer eye on your blog during March :)

Harry Markov said...

I don't know what's the major fascination with snow, because every year I get it and it usually comes witha blizzard, when all of the streets turn into a public skating ring labyrynth. I just don't have much positive things to say.

And don't think I won't check every 100 times your blog for the giveaway, cause I will.

Vicki Pettersson said...

Joce - I will be seeing my fair share of snow this weekend as the Swedish hubby is _forcing_ me into the mountains. Maybe I'll come back with a pic or two. More likely I'll be inside guarding the hot chocolate. {G}

The best part? Seeing a snippet from your life! Thanks!

Chandra Rooney said...

I miss the snow, until I remember it's married to the cold.

If it makes you feel better, it's raining in Los Angeles. :)