Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let's Play Ask An Agent

I'm nervously outlining the plot for my second book while trying to keep my doubts at bay. I think every author runs into the fear, particularly those writing a series, of whether or not you can duplicate the success of your first book. Of course, my first book hasn't been published yet, but my editor likes it. And my agent likes it. And some author friends like it. But can I do it again? Sigh. The better question is: do I have a choice?

But no more rambling from me.

My task is to help you tonight. Have you written a book? Or do you just hope to be published one day? Are you currently searching for an agent to represent you and your finished book? Are you getting ready to start your agent search or are you already drowning in rejection letters? If you are any where in the process, you are likely to have some questions. So send them to me.

My lovely and talented agent Jennifer Schober of Spencerhill Associates has agreed to appear as a guest on my blog next week. She represents all manner of fiction, women’s fiction, romance: erotica, fantasy, paranormal, category, historical, and contemporary. She does not represent children's fiction.

If you have any questions, please post them in the comment section, or you can send me an email at: jocelynnDOTdrakeATgmailDOTcom . I will collect questions until 8 p.m. Eastern Time Monday, December 10.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh! I have a question, or rather several questions in one.

I've entered my novel (as advertised on my website) for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award. I'm very excited about it: the odds are long but the payoff would be a dream come true... or so it seems to me, out here in the darkness. My question for Jennifer is:

Is there any buzz about ABNA in New York? Er, have you ever heard of it? If so, does the contest have credibility in the trenches of genre publishing? And most importantly: do you think there's any point trying to secure representation for my novel while it's entered for ABNA, or should I wait until it's all over?

Thank you in advance, Jennifer, and thank you Jocelynn for hosting this Q&A on your always-entertaining blog!

Stay beautiful,

Rose Nanashima