Thursday, August 9, 2007

New Ideas

I've been a little under the weather recently, which has succeeded in significantly slowing me down.... but not my brain. I've got a new book idea. Oh man, am I in trouble! This one switches over to the traditional fantasy genre. It's where I started writing so many years ago, but I stopped because I was worried that I couldn't come up with something fresh enough to stand out in a crowd. Well, I like this one. I really like this new idea, but the problem lies in the fact that I've only got a few more days before my book edits come in and I have to return to the task of dealing with vampires and other creatures that go bump and suck in the night. Not that that is a problem. I love writing vampires. But I am also the type of writer that has to play in several different fields.

So, the task is to make as many notes and outline as much the plot as possible during the next few days and return to it ... someday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jocelynn,
I'm enjoying the blog. Can we get an excerpt of your book anytime soon? If not, how about some snippets of other work?

Oh go on, do.

Heather Harper said...

I hope you own a voice recorder. Sounds like you need one. ;)

Get well soon.

Jocelynn Drake said...

Thanks for the comments. I'm better. I have used a voice recorder in the past because some of my better ideas come while I'm driving....

I think it will be a while before I get put up a book excerpt, but I recently received a bit of something from my editor. I'll see if I can post that. If not, I'll dig around for a little bit of something else. Maybe a short story from one of the minor characters.