Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My First Post

I feel as if I should begin my first blog post with some monumental, Dickinsonian "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times" kind of opening that immediately proclaims to one and all my presence in the blogging world. But for now, I think I'll just go with a simple "hey" and save my earth-moving opening for my books.

Following the example of many authors before me, I have begun my own blog, charting my journey through the maze that is the publishing world. I am still in the early in this journey. Less than two months ago, I managed to land an amazing agent and within one month my brilliant agent snagged a three-book deal with Eos. I am now part of the HarperCollins family, rubbing elbows with the elite such as Kim Harrison, Neil Gaiman, and Raymond E. Feist.

If you haven't guessed from that list, I tend to prefer the fantasy genre. Furthermore, my first book will feature vampires and a creature that makes the vampires quake in their black leather boots. But I'll talk about that more in some later posts.

For today, I'll keep my first post short. During the next few days, I'll give away more snippets of information about myself, my writing, a view beyond within the secret publishing world, and links to some of my favorite writers. Thanks for visiting.

1 comment: