Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm Back!

Yes, I am finally back from Dallas and ready to start writing again. I would have checked in sooner, but I needed a little recovery time on Sunday.

It was a fantastic conference. I was able to spend some time with some wonderful friends, was wined and dined by my amazing agent, and met some great authors. On the first night, the conference held an enormous signing, which allowed me to quickly talk to some authors that I hadn't gotten to see in a while and meet some new authors. Below I have posted a pictures of myself with Rachel Vincent, Lori Handeland, Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong, and Lynsay Sands.


It was the first time I had met Lynsay Sands, and I thought she was sweet and funny. She also attended the Avon party with Kim and me, and helped to make me feel more at ease surrounded by a bunch of strangers.

Later at the convention, I was able to sit down with some of the writers that are a part of the Fangs, Fur, & Fey blog. And I've been invited to join them!!! Wonderful women, every one of them. I was very surprised that a number of them were also fans of the Transformers movie, apparently I need to go see this movie. I stole this picture of Rachel's blog (Thanks Rachel!)


In just a very quick recap, I attended a great workshop on body disposal and another workshop author branding, found out a publisher was launching an interesting new imprint, and met some amazing people that I will continue to run into as I attend more conventions.

I'll post more on the convention as it occurs to me. Also, my agent has agreed to some appear on my blog as a guest. If you've got any questions, feel free to post them on the comments. I will also be compiling my list of questions for her. When we agreed on a date, I'll post it on the blog.

No comments: