Friday, April 10, 2009

Inked

The edits are slowly coming along. Unfortunately, the First Pass edits arrived for Unbound yesterday, which means that Book 4 needs to be put aside for a little while as I finish the First Pass edits -- they are technically due first.

Last night, I took a break from editing so that I could go on a little adventure. It was something I had been promising myself since Nightwalker hit the New York Times Bestseller list. Well, I finally got the courage (and got tired of waiting for my brother to come with me), and went down to a very cool tattoo parlor in Main Strausse Village in Northern Kentucky called Designs by Dana. Yes, I got my very first tattoo and it is completely awesome.

Tommy, the amazing artist who was extremely patient with me, drew up my design while I waited and then applied the ink. While I won't lie and say it didn't hurt, but I will say that it didn't hurt as badly as I thought it would. The whole process took about an hour and the end result is AMAZING. I couldn't be happier or prouder of it. Thank you, Tommy!

Now, I'm going to do something strange. I'm not going to post a picture of it. I don't think a picture would do it justice. It needs to be seen in person. So, if you happen to see me at the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention in 2 weeks down in Orlando, and ask very nicely, I will be happy to flash you my new tattoo. And don't worry, it's on my back.

For the curious, the tattoo is of an hourglass with red sand. I've got a certain affinity with the concept of time and the idea of time running out. It's something that will probably reoccur in most of my books -- particularly Mira's.

Also, I've already got my second tattoo picked out. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to get it unless Dayhunter lands on the New York Times Bestseller list. So, please help me out. Pick up your copy of Dayhunter on April 28!

All right, off to run errands and then I'm back to editing.

Also, a big thanks for Tommy and Nate at Designs by Dana in Main Strausse. You guys totally rock! You do excellent work and provide great entertainment.

3 comments:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Boo! I want pics! I won't be attending that conference so post some pics!

Did you have firemen at your session?! My recent tattoo experience was one I'll never forget!

My Tattoo experience!

Candace said...

I guess we're just gonna have to help you get that second tattoo!

Tracey O'Hara said...

Yay for your first Tattoo. The first is always daunting - then you get the bug - it's like child birth, the pain is soon forgotten.

I currently have 3. I want to get my next one when my first book comes out in September.

But I will help you on your way to your next tatt by ordering my copy of Dayhunter from my favourite local bookstore here in Australia.